View Single Post
Old 07.12.2018, 13:25
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 130 Times in 67 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forced to take a 25% paycut at the end of my probation period

Quote:
Never go over your manager as this will mean you can kiss goodbye to your job. These decisions are always agreed in advance with senior managers. I wouldn’t keep an employee who goes over my head. Remember, that your manager can can sack you anytime and this is legally protected in Switzerland without having to give you any severance package. Welcome to Switzerland, you’ve just been Switzerlanded.
I don't think this is "going over your manager". This is "escalating". How can he be sure the decisions are agreed in advance with senior managers without escalating it? Maybe the manager is telling one story to the guy and another to his superior?

If nothing is ever escalated in a company, how can problems with resolved? I think if you, as manager are treating people unfairly, you should fully expect people to go over your head and firing someone who you think is "going over your head" is certainly not fair.

I do agree that escalating might mean the end of his employment there but surely it is a better alternative to involving a lawyer?
The following 4 users would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post: