View Single Post
Old 13.12.2018, 13:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 46 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,060 Posts
krlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond reputekrlock3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How about a gardening thread?

I had my ficus in a pot that didnt allow draining, and see that it was sitting in a pool of water beneath it. I suppose that is part of the reason it was losing leaves?

i have now added a layer that allows it to drain, but i guess I ought to let it dry out for some days first, and then start to water it again.

Quote:
View Post
Ficus, at least the type you get as a housplant, doesn't require direct sunlight, but does like regular light. So your situation sounds perfect to me. Also, they don't like change so don't move them around too much. Once you have chosen a good spot, leave it there. Shedding of leaves is a typical reaction to stress, so maybe you just need to leave your plant alone a bit and give it time and space to recover.

Watering advice is always a bit difficult as it depends on different factors. Is your pot draining well? Sometimes blocked openings lead to water accumulating in the pot and casuing the roots to rot.

Also, ficus does require fertilizer from time to time, and a bigger pot and fresh soil every few years.

Last edited by krlock3; 13.12.2018 at 16:17.