View Single Post
Old 14.12.2018, 15:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 417 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 11,185 Times in 5,876 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
That's ridiculous!

And if this is true: << the agreement includes a clause requiring Japan to seek EU approval if they wish to enter a similar or better deal with the UK>> it also tells a lot about EU.

Petty and childish. "You can be my friend but if you want to play with the neighbour's kid next door, who doesn't want to be with me, you have to ask me first".

What the hell. And we thought only the US is going Trumpian?
You don't appear to be thinking this through. Consider the following scenario:

The UK enters into a trade agreement with the USA, of course that allows the US to export GMO's to the UK. The UK OTOH enters into a trade agreement with Japan that allows the UK the export of all agricultural goods to Japan.

Well, that opens continental European agricultural markets for US GMO's. I don't think too many continental Europeans welcome such an outlook.

That's why the respective partners reserve a veto right in all areas covered by agreements that open their own borders. A very sound policy I should say.