View Single Post
Old 14.12.2018, 17:09
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,903 Times in 7,208 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

I don't know what you mean by this as answer to my "normal procedure in taking political decisions in Switzerland". ?
Don't know if everything is going to be just fine .... but to be honest, I don't see any reason why anybody in Switzerland would have the urge to "punish" GB for exiting EU by giving them a worse deal.

Quote:
We're all assuming the UK will be happy with and sign the agreement. I thought the point of leaving the EU was to negotiate better deals?

Anyway, good news for all us Swiss residents - we can maintain our lifestyles whilst the UK goes under, hoorah!
If GB wants a better deal and fresh negotiations CH probably won't mind either as CH too likes better deals

Not sure about the second part of your post: Does that agreement include GB residence permits here? You'll be a non-EU-citizen and Switzerland still trapped in the Schengen-contract. So - in order not to be sent to a sinking GB - you might have to demand asylum here? LOL.