View Single Post
Old 14.12.2018, 22:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
For a soft Brexit the continuation proceeds under the Mind the Gap strategy and the agreements are still in place. So far so good.

I guess the subtlety was lost on some but...

Sounds like there's an escape route planned into the no deal scenario. A lot of "ifs", "could be's" and "possibles".

I'm sure it'll all be fine, though...
Well that's the essence of the assurance given by the British Ambassador this week. Pretty much everything is agreed and they're just waiting for a suitable date to release the information. Only then will we all be able to read the fine print, but it's good to hear that the Swiss government have been proactive, it's just the UK government who are dithering.

Right now, my feeling is that no deal is firmly off the table, so it's a choice of deal or remain. If that is the case, I'll thoroughly enjoy watching certain MPs going into a drama queen tailspin.
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: