View Single Post
Old 20.12.2018, 08:50
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 82 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,770 Times in 799 Posts
Patxi has a reputation beyond reputePatxi has a reputation beyond reputePatxi has a reputation beyond reputePatxi has a reputation beyond reputePatxi has a reputation beyond reputePatxi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dogs in cars: which Autobox(es) do you recommend?

We bought ours 10 years ago from Schmidt up in southern Germany. Since then, I believe that I have seen them for sale at some shop in Switzerland (maybe COOP B&H??). Our model is specific for our VW T5 and it fits perfectly with next to no wasted space. Ours is for 2 dogs with 2 doors and a removable dividing wall. I checked their website and saw a Sirion listed as a car that they have or can build a box for. From what I recall, they were reasonably priced and the quality is very good. They can definitely do custom ones as well if you have special requests.

No opinion on metal vs. plastic. We sometimes bring a plastic one(s) if we will be staying in a hotel and need to go out for a few hours without the dog(s). Also, if we are sightseeing in some place that doesn't allow dogs, we will drag the metal one out of the car and find some shade to park the dogs outside of the hot car.
This user would like to thank Patxi for this useful post: