View Single Post
Old 24.12.2018, 09:54
A singular modality

Groaned at 266 Times in 180 Posts
Thanked 12,066 Times in 5,321 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
All this planning about where to stop and charge and if theirs enough juice to get back again to a particular place for charging must kill all spontaneity and to a lesser extent imagination: how boring !
Quote:
View Post
With your regular ICE car, I presume on longer travels, you plan the odd bathroom break (esp if you have kids?) or somewhere to stop for lunch etc.
Why would you assume anything like that? There are petrol stations, with toilets, and cafés/restaurants pretty much everywhere, so you simply stop when the demands of tank, bladder or stomach tell you to. Planning where you will stop doesn't come into it. And personally I never stop for lunch anyway - just grab a sandwich (or take one with you) and eat while driving. Have you never done a long journey in a normal car?

Quote:
View Post
Even if you don't take 30 seconds to type your route into a route planner before you leave, as soon as you get in the car and plug it into the Navigation, it will calculate a route for you with enough charge in reserve for safety, so you don't need to think about a thing, other than your destination if you don't want to. You can be as spontaneous as you like!
I wonder whether you fully understand what 'spontaneous' means? Having some software tell you where and when you will need to stop, and being limited to doing as it says, is almost the opposite thereof.

Last edited by Ace1; 24.12.2018 at 10:05.
This user would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post: