View Single Post
Old 25.12.2018, 19:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 35 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,116 Times in 1,830 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving to Geneva from UK

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for another tips. Unfortunately, my work place is rive droite, so other side of France are not convenient for me.
Meyrin might be an option, if it is not too noisy.
Meyrin is a sprawling estate of fairly low-rise appartment buildings (10-12storeys or so mostly I think), and they're quite widely spaced. Near the aeroport though, which might bother you. Not sure about other noise levels as I've only ever visited friends there rather than lived in the area, but it certainly wouldn't compare to living in a large city. The TPG has just upped the bus services to some towns across the border in France (Ferney-Voltaire, Saint Genis for example) so it might be worth checking with your HR department about where might be feasible..... which really does depend on where your place of work is, work hours (my OH often had to go in to his lab in the early hours to check on experiments for example, so a car was vital), family conditions, plus what type of permit you have.
This user would like to thank Anjela for this useful post: