View Single Post
Old 27.12.2018, 11:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 33 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,594 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Both parents sick with gastro, help at home needed.

Not sure why this thread has gone off on a tangent. It's quite clear that the parent has already taken the older child to the hospital due to the severity of the illness, which quite likely is a virus given the way it has now passed to the parents. And there was no question of taking the baby to the doctor if needed - any I already gave details of how she might contact a doctor given the holiday period. And yes, it can be life-threatening for adults too, but far more dangerous in a 4 month old, and it's one of the 'classic' situations where the baby is much better off if breastfed, but the mother may have difficulty feeding if she is also very unwell or dehydrated, or she might be told that the baby will 'catch' it through her breastmilk (which is not true)....I've breastfed sick babies, I've breastfed them when I was unwell... been there, done that....any yes, lethargy is a classic sign of very unwell babies...
The following 4 users would like to thank swisspea for this useful post: