View Single Post
Old 03.01.2019, 13:24

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Khaia has earned some respectKhaia has earned some respect
Re: On Line Shopping Uk, delivery to CH

I'm a big internet shopper and I am always batting against the odds.

In my experience, the best shopping options you have to not suffer any charges are:
* Next (you can return but you must pay the postage),

* ASOS (offers free returns, no fuzz) and

* Amazon (DE, ES, IT & FR will ship free to CH for orders over 50 euros - using global delivery services and on the UK you have to pay but delivery is very fast).

* Sports direct will get a charge but it is the usual postal services and taxes, it will set you back around 50-60 CHF, depending on the value of your purchase, but considering their bargain prices, it could pay off.

* M&S - had a bill as high as 199 francs from DHL once (the order value was around 250 GBP), so for me, never again.

* John Lewis - I had used them in the past and it was ok, I always had to pay the clearing fees from the courier but it was reasonable and expected.

Until my last order this Christmas of about 300 GBP. John Lewis sent 3 separate deliveries. All my parcels arrived damaged, the last was even missing the item (I got an empty box) and I was charged 3 times by DPD for their services, on a full order value. So now I'm 170 CHF worse off and John Lewis said it is not their responsibility. That it is normal to be charged per separate deliveries. Pretty disgusting and shady of them, if you ask me, considering that each separate order contained only 1/3 of the value of my total order, yet I'm being taxed on 300 GBP on each invoice, including for the empty box! so be aware, they say they offer great customer services, until they need to give your money back or correct their wrongs.

Also, if they very well know we need to pay a full set of clearance charges and services per parcel delivery, why ooh why do they make as many separate deliveries as possible? Good customer services? No, more like lets rip them off and make money for the currier company too. I'm pretty angry.

* Ali Express - so far I only had good experiences, never a problem with customs, apart from the odd letter from customs to clarify an item, which in the end always resulted in me not having to pay anything. Although that might change this year with the new Swiss law on VAT for imports.
The following 5 users would like to thank Khaia for this useful post: