View Single Post
Old 03.01.2019, 16:25
A modal singularity

Groaned at 425 Times in 265 Posts
Thanked 15,884 Times in 6,835 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Einvernahme for excessive speeding +40 on autobahn

Quote:
View Post
I have to look the exact words in the evening at home, but I am pretty sure the wording does not assume sending anything as a letter, but a personal presence there, and it is exactly what I am confused about, if it was just a form like other people had to say who is a driver and state some reasons, and then it goes to court...But the very experience going there and saying/understanding their German scares me. If they ask questions and I remain silent, they will think I do not cooperate or have no remorse or whatever. I never had any experience before talking to police in my life....
You won't need to say anything. Don't deny it, don't admit to any given speed, don't say anything about why you were speeding. The camera evidence is all they need, nothing you say will make it any better but could potentially make it worse. Just shrug your shoulders and accept what will happen. And don't expect to be driving home

The other thread will have examples, but you'll be looking at a ban of at least three months and fines of well over a thousand francs, perhaps as much as two, but only once it's gone through the system, which could take several months in total.
The following 3 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post: