View Single Post
Old 03.01.2019, 16:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,577 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Einvernahme for excessive speeding +40 on autobahn

Quote:
View Post
If they ask questions and I remain silent, they will think I do not cooperate or have no remorse or whatever. I never had any experience before talking to police in my life....
It is a standard case. There is a speed measurement, there is a picture.
There is no real victim except the public itself (or did you tail gate as well ). Remorse will not give you a discount. As they say, anything you say can and will be used against you.

The only thing you must do is that you must cooperate about your identity. So bring passport, permit, and driving license. State name, nationality, birth date, birth place or place of origin (if Swiss), and where you live. Stating that you were the driver is optional, but if it is clear case than there is no much harm admitting it. Do not expect a big or any discount for admitting it.

If you get fined by the court, and you were at least 35 km/h faster than allowed, a 3 month driving ban issued by your cantons traffic authority is inevitable.

If you admit you were the driver they (actually the court/prosecutor) will need your financial details. Best is to simply say that the prosecutor can get them from the tax authorities.

The hardest part is to actually remain silent and not answer the police's many questions. Remember, it is your good right to remain silent Art. 113 Criminal Procedure Code https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...ndex.html#a113 and they must inform you about that before they start questioning you Art. 158 Criminal Procedure Code https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...ndex.html#a158
On Hiatus- Normal operation will resume 22.02.2022 22:02:20.22

Last edited by aSwissInTheUS; 03.01.2019 at 17:22.
The following 8 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post: