View Single Post
Old 03.01.2019, 21:53

Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Driving License Questions

Hi,

I can answer what I know.

I am not sure how long the eye test is valid for.

There are usually fixed appointments for the dates you can have the theory test, having said that, perhaps you can check the STVA website for availablity or send them an email. I had a quick look and for example they mention specific dates (i could only see Saturdays) and the timing as well.

Yes, some cantons offer the test in English and some who don’t offer it in English can allow you to talk the theory in another canton in English (for example Fribourg used to do that). You have to double check if Zurich offer it in English.

I have no experience with the app, if it is of any help, a lot of people sell their CD/book as second hand after they pass the test. You can look for 2nd hand ones on ricardo.ch or similar.

Process: once you pass your theory test and if you have valid eye test and first aid course, you will be given a learner permit valid for two years. You can use it to drive only if accompanied by a driver who has a “permanent” swiss driving license”.
Once you are confident you apply for the practical exam and if you pass you get your provisional license. i’ll stop here.... once you get your provisional license let us know and we take it from there 😊
Good luck!
This user would like to thank nasa2000 for this useful post: