View Single Post
Old 06.01.2019, 16:33
modified, reprogrammed and doctored

Groaned at 197 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 15,523 Times in 7,895 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Education reinforcement at home

Aren't we being prescriptive again...why even. If OP wants to put together a community of mentors, why not. Who cares if it's parents or others, but parents that "belong" to other kids might inspire more at times, I can see that. It could be good for single-parent households to expand the group of adults who invest in kids' lives. Why criticize it? Takes a village and all. I'd be up for it, since I spend a regular and significant amount of time homeschooling, as it is.

On the other hand, I do not think OP's idea has to be justified by the mudslinging OP showed towards the school system here. I can see some people with similar experiences or attitudes, but the schools are as good as the individual teachers are. Sometimes amazing, sometimes uncommitted or inefficient.

Just like families.

Is there a TED talk about it somewhere or should I hurry up and make one?

Last edited by MusicChick; 06.01.2019 at 23:04.
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: