View Single Post
Old 06.01.2019, 18:41
Forum Legend

Groaned at 331 Times in 264 Posts
Thanked 6,566 Times in 3,298 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Homesickness and other problems

Don't worry about the dialect, I also thought I would have no problems coming here as a Dutch with very good knowledge of the German language, after 3, 5 yrs I still have to ask them to either speak slower or speak German.

As for your mum, The Netherlands is depending on where you have to be 5 to 10 hours drive, so you could pass by often if you want/need.

As for your mother she has to get a medical indication that she cannot do the household (or parts of it) anymore, through her doctor/townhall and she'll get homecare and/or a cleaner which at most would cost her something in the twohundred a month if she has enough income/assets to participate in the bills, if not it is all for free.

I have been where you are now, and can only say, do not go back if your plan was to make a life here, talk about this with your mum and if she loves you she will understand. But have somebody set all up with the help or go by a couple of days to help doing this.

Feel free to pm me in Dutch if you have questions about this.
This user would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post: