View Single Post
Old 06.01.2019, 20:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 545 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 25,414 Times in 11,656 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Homesickness and other problems

Very moving Melon and I am so sorry you have regrets. Each situation is different and personal.

If you are married to someone from another country, in their country, and their job is just not easily transported, and you have children born there who feel they belong there - then the situation becomes very different indeed. We would have loved to buy the wonderful family home when the situation arose- but the girls were at key stages in their education- and OH's job would have been more than VERY difficult to move over. So we waited until he was retired and I gave up my job.

One of the things I shall always be so grateful for, and so admired my parents for - is that they never ever put pressure on me, or made me feel guitly in any way ever- they always said 'enjoy your life and your family there - be happy - and yes, we love you to come and visit when you can.

Last edited by Odile; 06.01.2019 at 21:21.
The following 2 users would like to thank Odile for this useful post: