View Single Post
Old 11.01.2019, 12:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,644 Times in 10,946 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

You probably don't remember the dustman's strike, probably one of the reasons Mrs Thatcher got elected. I worked close by at the time

Quote:
View Post
By your description nothing has really changed then in the last 30 years.

In my experience, there was always alot of racism, rubbish, dirt and potholes, bad pavements, poor public facilities. at least in the part of London I came from, and I came from a relatively affluent borough. I went to a comprehensive school with a lot of people from local estates with working class backgrounds. In the eighties when I was at school, there was a lot of racism.

Since 2008 there has been a lot of closure on the average high street, many big names have gone. But there was always a turnover of businesses on the high street where I grew up, restaurants being the most obvious ones to change on a regular basis.

I think some people on the Forum have grown very accustomed to the Swiss quality of life.
Attached Thumbnails
brexit-referendum-thread-potential-consequences-gb-eu-brits-ch-screenshot-2019-01-11-12.04.48.png