View Single Post
Old 13.01.2019, 14:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 85 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 16,866 Times in 7,507 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax statement for foreigners

Quote:
View Post
Just to clarify - is that only 120k within Switzerland, or do they want to know about worldwide income? I have a co-worker that said you need to include work or rental income from other countries in that number, and I was skeptical...
If you are invited to do a full tax return (Swiss income > 120k, For Geneva resident it is >500k) then all worldwide income will be taxed.

If you are taxed at source and have income from abroad you must declare them voluntarily using the appropriate form (Neuveranlagung der Quellensteuer). Some cantons send this form each and every year, in some other cantons you must act on your own.

For Canton Valais see specially this leaflet:
https://www.vs.ch/documents/508074/6...3-6270fe1d31c9

If in doubt contact the local tax authority.