View Single Post
Old 14.01.2019, 09:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 17,276 Times in 4,452 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
"Theresa May says no Brexit more likely than no deal"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46856149

Tom
I saw that earlier on the beeb and remembered what I wrote here last month.

Quote:
View Post

I've been thinking over the last few weeks that May has been playing a clever game, I've actually had some sneaky admiration for the way she has stuck at it and got an agreement, probably the only one that could possibly work. But of course parliament will reject it and she'll just hold up her hands and say "Ok, I've done my best, there isn't a better agreement possible, what do you want to do? Let's ask the people again!"

And I reckon she's confident that a 2nd referendum will vote to remain, which is what she wanted all along.

At the end of the day the whole thing is a farce and immensely embarrassing and damaging to the UK.
Now she's mentioning publicly what I think she might have wanted all along, a 2nd referendum (although I can't see parliament allowing it). And still, the whole thing is a farce.
The following 4 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: