View Single Post
Old 14.01.2019, 12:24
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 17,276 Times in 4,452 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It would mean that you first need to start the procedure of leaving, then negotiate some agreement and first then do the voting.

Realistically, it's better to vote for a Brexit and openly and honestly communicate that you have no clue about the outcome.
Not at all and that's not what I meant. Before the vote it could (and should) have been pointed out what the implications of Brext might be. A negotiated solution to the Irish border, what sort of trade deal, if any, the UK would be able to negotiate with the EU (and the rest of the world in case of a hard Brexit). And also that it could take some years to complete these negotiations.

I still meet some Brits who voted for Brexit who still have no idea what the implications might be. I met a group of elderly folk recently who were dumbfounded to realise that their grandchildren at University in the UK will have lost their automatic right to work in Europe post Brexit. They actually asked me why that would be the case!

Monger of fine British Cheeses
The following 2 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: