View Single Post
Old 14.01.2019, 16:38
Forum Legend

Groaned at 39 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 17,258 Times in 4,448 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Some did, or had at least a reason-based opinion.

They were and are labeled project fear.

There was no need to counter their reasoning as long as it was kept in "emotion" territory. All it took was to keep the "believe me", "us vs them" game going.

In a sense this is still the case, IMHO it's what leads you to believe it's all May's fault and that she planned on revoking A50 all along. As if it was by her machinations that her candidacy for PM was eventually unchallenged, and that she somehow was able to predict last year's election vote that cost the Tories the majority.

I just wonder why you don't add Cameron into the mix, after all he must have known all along what the vote would end up with.
I was actually referring to information that the government (ie Cameron) should have given to the public prior to the vote. These are the benefits we have from the EU and this is the cost. If you vote to leave this is what might happen with our negotiations with the EU regarding trade and NI and the options that will be available to us and how long these negotiations might take.

It could have been worded so as to be completely neutral but at least the voters would know what they were voting for. It's clear that many really had little clue as to what the country was in for over the next 5 years or so.

Monger of fine British Cheeses
The following 7 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post: