View Single Post
Old 17.01.2019, 16:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work in Switzerland, but live in UK?

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys, new here and 1-month since I started work in Switzerland. I'm finally starting to understand how taxes work for UK resident, working in Switzerland with G Permit.

The Swiss Tax office and ExpactTax were super fast to clarify this to me and the latter to provide me with documentation on the same. I will basically pay Swiss Tax for all the work that I physically carry on from the Basel HQ, and will be credit in the UK via Assessment for days I work from home in London.

Now that this is sorted... would any of you have an UK Accountant to recommend to me who understands all of the above and that could do my UK Assessment?

Maybe @fatmanfilms and @eairicbloodaxe as it sounds like we are in the same situation
Any UK accountant should be able to handle this, you are UK resident for tax purposes but have foreign income which has had Swiss tax deducted. Unfortunately in CH all your social costs are tax deductible along with an allowance for traveling to work & work lunches so the UK tax to pay will may be shockingly high. (The deductions won't be obvious on source tax but probably amount to 15,000 CHF if you were doing a Swiss tax return)

As the UK has a personal allowance it may not be as bad as I was thinking, as it's quite close to the standard deductions.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: