View Single Post
Old 17.01.2019, 16:53
Forum Legend

Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,114 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Work in Switzerland, but live in UK?

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys, new here and 1-month since I started work in Switzerland. I'm finally starting to understand how taxes work for UK resident, working in Switzerland with G Permit.

The Swiss Tax office and ExpactTax were super fast to clarify this to me and the latter to provide me with documentation on the same. I will basically pay Swiss Tax for all the work that I physically carry on from the Basel HQ, and will be credit in the UK via Assessment for days I work from home in London.

Now that this is sorted... would any of you have an UK Accountant to recommend to me who understands all of the above and that could do my UK Assessment?

Maybe @fatmanfilms and @eairicbloodaxe as it sounds like we are in the same situation

Essentially you file a UK tax return putting in your entire income then deduct the tax you've paid in Switzerland from the UK tax liability (as long as it's not more than you would have paid in the UK). All the info is available online and you can do the return online. You can do it yourself or any personal tax accountant *should* be able to do it.
The following 2 users would like to thank Landers for this useful post: