View Single Post
Old 17.01.2019, 19:08
LauraDlnv LauraDlnv is offline
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Basel
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
LauraDlnv has no particular reputation at present
View Post
Essentially you file a UK tax return putting in your entire income then deduct the tax you've paid in Switzerland from the UK tax liability (as long as it's not more than you would have paid in the UK). All the info is available online and you can do the return online. You can do it yourself or any personal tax accountant *should* be able to do it.
Thank you, yes. I started the registration process. I never had to do tax/self-assessment by myself and only the thought of this makes me so nervous... so I'd rather someone doing on my behalf so I know that they have more chances to get it right

View Post
Unfortunately in CH all your social costs are tax deductible along with an allowance for traveling to work & work lunches
Thank you so much for the clarifications and sorry I'm totally slow on this tax thing, it's all new to me.

Does this mean that if work pays for my flights, the UK will someone consider that my taxable wage?

I don't think I will have issues with lunch as I pay out of my pocket... or are you saying that I should keep my CH lunch/dinner receipts so I can deduct these as expenses?

Thank you again, Laura

Last edited by 3Wishes; 18.01.2019 at 21:37. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank LauraDlnv for this useful post: