View Single Post
Old 22.01.2019, 13:52
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 2,337 Times in 902 Posts
EastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond reputeEastEnders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How about a gardening thread?

Allotment gardeners.....are you too already planning what you'll plant this year?

I am currently drawing a plan to ensure plant roation in the high rise beds....and want to grow some different vegetables this year.

Of course the 'usual culprits', such as zucchini and cucumbers,green beans, fennel, beetroot,kohlrabi, celery and celeriac, leeks, onions, garlic, chillies and tomatoes as well as a gazillion of herbs are set and will be planted, respectively are perennial in my garden.

I have also got a selection of perennial berries strawbs-, rasp- and blueberries and a Felsenbirne (juneberries /Amelanchier)

Brussel sprouts didn't yield a lot last season, so they're out for the new season.

No Butternuts and Patty pans (I get a screaming fit if I seen one more of those for the next 2 years!!)

Last year I tried indian climbing spinach, which yielded quite a lot and will most likely be planted again.

Now, looking for inspiration and am curious to read what you fellow gardeners will grow this year.