View Single Post
Old 24.01.2019, 15:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 203 Posts
Thanked 23,085 Times in 9,809 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Curtailing rich people from basically buying their way into the EU is hardly "back door activism", is it? I think it would be seen worse by the other member states if the EU was turning a blind eye to it.
I don't see what's wrong with giving "rich brown people" a fast track to citizenship, especially if "rich brown people" is code for entrepreneurs and business owners who will use their money to create jobs and grow the economy.

The main reason that people may want to restrict access to citizenship is fear that this will create additinal claims on social support and welfare. Rich people are unlikely to do that. In the best case they create a lot of additional wealth, and in the worste case they stay quiet and do nothing and are thus economically neutral. The only reason that I can see that people would resent them coming is racism. Racism and resentmenmt of poeple more succesful than themselves.
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post: