View Single Post
Old 31.01.2019, 11:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 215 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,901 Times in 8,906 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It's obviously good that you can vote at least here albeit probably not when more important issues are at stake, but I can't get past this ridiculous situation - not to be allowed to vote in general elections, referendums of your birth country and the one from which you're still holding a passport. All I can say is I hope this thing will change in the future because it's not fair at all.
With more and more people holding two, three or even more passports, I can see conflicts coming and the concept of "one person, one vote" being undermined.

Why should the opinion of one person weigh two or three times as much as that of another person in an EU election, just because that person has more passports?

Especially if you consider that several EU countries sell passports for money. At what point does that become selling votes for money?

In my view the only solution is that you don't genuinely live in a country, you shouldn't be allowed to vote there.