View Single Post
Old 31.01.2019, 16:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 126 Times in 117 Posts
Thanked 25,263 Times in 9,728 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It was more a sly dig a StirB Scotland (well done for spotting). But the point about propaganda is valid. I remember going around Malta a couple of years back and these signs were everywhere, any piece of new road, museums etc. All hail the Glorious EU! The Soviet Union would be proud.

I guess they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If nobody sees the source of the money being ploughed in it just fuels the "what's the EU ever done for us" mantra, if they advertise the fact then it triggers the propaganda accusations.

I guess it's as valid a point as you want to make it / use it.

Still love the vid of the angry-head being interviewed in some UK town somewhere (vid linked earlier in the thread) bellowing about what the EU hasn't done for the UK, until the the reporter points out that the sports centre directly behind him was actually funded by the EU. Maybe the signs should be in Comic Sans with words no longer than 5 letters...
The following 2 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post: