View Single Post
Old 31.01.2019, 18:23
Forum Legend

Groaned at 383 Times in 295 Posts
Thanked 18,791 Times in 10,127 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RAV: second temporary employment period

You can stop your claim, however you have to start looking for work 3 months before the contract ends, keeping records just as you do now.

If you stay registered you won't need to attend any meetings or courses (due to work commitments) & you won't have the hassle of re-applying, downside is you have to keep looking for work during the entire contract.

Quote:
View Post
I have been with the RAV for a while and have a residual claim of 230 days left. During 2018, I worked for 4 months and, during this period, continued with RAV (ie saw my counsellor, completed monthly application target applications etc).

I have now secured a 5 month contract which takes me through to July. My "normal" business model is working as a contractor/freelancer - usually on limited contracts - so periods of unemployment are not unusual for me.

I wanted to check that financially I would be better off continuing with the RAV (ie see my counsellor, completing targets etc) rather than stopping my claim. My counsellor is keen to get me off her books but that may be due to her own internal pressures.

If I stop the claim and restart in July, I will have worked for 9 months out 12 and had three months unemployment.

Is my understanding correct?

Many thanks
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: