View Single Post
Old 31.01.2019, 21:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 220 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 7,491 Times in 3,309 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Language of Migration Office

Quote:
View Post
Hi! Thank you for coming to my thread.

I'm currently in plans to make a move from the uk to Ticino canton (near Bellinzona), I understand that to get b permit (self employed version), i need to visit the immigration office. My Italian is poor (working on learning), so i would need to speak English, i dont want to seem like I'm not making an effort. I just can't speak it yet very well. Do you know if they speak English, so i'd be able to walk in with Italian greeting but then switch to English for proceeds?

Is it simply a case of dropping off documents there, or is there also a meeting or series of questions etc? And if so, is it possible to speak English for them.

I assume the process is similar between cantons, so if you just know for another, it should help still

Thank you
There is no requirement on them to speak English, so it will be the luck of the draw, there may be some around that speaks English or there may not. No one can tell you this for sure....
The following 2 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post: