View Single Post
Old 02.02.2019, 13:26
SwishFunDo SwishFunDo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SwishFunDo has no particular reputation at present
Employed but leaving CH for a short placement: address/admin issues?

Hi, looking for some advice from people who've been here longer.

I'm employed with a B permit until 2021. But I'm going on a 6-month work placement outside Switzerland this summer (my Swiss contract is still valid and continuing during this placement).

It doesn't make sense for me to continue renting my Swiss apartment for this 6 month period when I won't be in the country. But I'm concerned about the legalities/admin issues around having no fixed address in Switzerland.

From what I understand, my current address should always to be listed in my B permit; but what about when that current address is one outside Switzerland? Same goes for my health insurance and bank - both expect Swiss addresses, I think, but I won't have one for this 6 month period. And then there's the de-registrations/re-registration rules when moving communes (theoretically, when I return after the placement, I won't necessarily be renting an apartment in the same area as before, and I don't want there to be an issue here either).

I'm just confused about how best to handle this and what preparations to make before leaving for placement. I don't want to break any rules or make things difficult, but equally I'd like to avoid renting a Swiss apartment for 6 months just for the sake of having a 'base' here.

Has anyone done / dealt with anything similar? Any advice appreciated.
Reply With Quote