View Single Post
Old 03.02.2019, 10:47
Forum Legend

Groaned at 23 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 21,250 Times in 6,822 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dogs in cars: which Autobox(es) do you recommend?

Quote:
View Post
We’ve used a clipper plastic box (air travel type) in the back of our Hyundai i40, secured by bungee cords for the last 7 years, with great success. I like it because I can remove it and clean it out easily.
I came back to this thread too late to thank your post, Edot - so 'Thanks!'

I too am looking at ramp options, as Hooligan can no longer jump up. Lifting her is still do-able but I'm not getting any younger either so need a more sustainable solution.

But three crates plus a ramp, in my tiny car...

My trainer built a rather ingenious platform in the cargo area of her car (a station wagon, so roomy) under which the ramp is stored. The crate sits on top of the platform. I might try that as an option.

I'm still debating which metal box configuration/manufacturer to use (leaning towards Schmidt), weighing the cost of custom made for a car that only has a few years left vs making do with switching out my airline crates as needed until I buy my next car. Switching out is OK, but the only way I can get the third crate in is if I mount it to the passenger seat, which I am very uneasy doing, that's a solution only for absolute emergencies when all three must travel together.

Decisions, decisions...