View Single Post
Old 04.02.2019, 17:39
Forum Legend

Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,537 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The importance of emergency pet funds.

A search using the words pet insurance turned up many threads. I did not know which one to post on so I chose this.

We never had health insurance for our pets. In September, despite all medication intervention, we lost our dog to stomach torsion. Given her age (almost 16) the operation was always going to be a risk but we opted to try to save her. The costs were in the several thousands and I regretted not having insurance.

We recently did quite a bit of research comparing what is offered for pets by the various health insurance providers. There are many more providers now than there were when we first looked into this in 2006. We settled on Generali. The contract is a minimum one year term. One issue for us was whether we can go to a vet in Germany and that was not a problem for Generali.

This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post: