View Single Post
Old 04.02.2019, 21:37
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,400 Times in 1,161 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: University of Farmington: right or wrong?

The system is that registration at certain courses of study give an entitlement to a visa so this can condition the applicants behaviour.

A parallel would be the Swiss authorities setting up bogus employment, knowing that people like to come to Switzerland for many reasons, then prosecuting the applicants for being motivated by the desire to get a work /residence permit and claiming they had not thoroughly checked out the employer. But we know that such a systematic deception would simply not happen here.

If the students were knowingly exploiting an illegal means of obtaining/extending a visa, then why was it necessary for the "authorities" to go to such lengths to present it as legitimate university. And why didn't they simply go after students who were studying for useless qualifications at existing educational establishments with a low attendance requirement instead of having to invent one. Like these, for example:

Harvard:
Folklore and Mythology
Ethnicity, Migration, Rights
Hysterical Women: A History ( a module from Women, Gender & Sexuality )

Princeton:
Dance
Gender and Sexuality Studies
Jazz Studies

University of Southern Maine:
BA in Liberal Studies, Humanities Track
BA in Social and Behavioral Sciences

etc. etc.

And why American Students are prepared to saddle themselves with a lifetime of debt to obtain such qualifications is a mystery to me.

More from Spiegel Online (German: )
http://www.spiegel.de/lebenundlernen...a-1251336.html