View Single Post
Old 05.02.2019, 16:55
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 39 Times in 24 Posts
KiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiSteve has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Electrical standards

Quote:
View Post
Of course the cost is low compared to the house itself, but it is still something extra. I don't know if you are purchasing another property at the same time. If you are, check your contract there to see if you are also responsible for that one's inspection as well!

We have bought and sold two properties in CH and both times it was the buyer's responsibility. The other party did not have any issues with this, presumably as it's considered fairly standard procedure. This is the first time I have heard that the seller has to do it to be honest.

I would think that is logical that the buyer is responsible. It is the buyer who is going to live there or going to be renting it out to people, so long-term they have the responsibility of its current and ongoing state and safety. Whereas the seller merely sells the property (ordinarily) 'as is'.
I had just accepted this clause as I thought it was standard. But then again we relied on the Gemeinde for the legal side when buying (it was a new construction back then so this sort of certification came with the contract) and selling.
This user would like to thank KiwiSteve for this useful post: