View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 08:19
Only in moderation

Groaned at 247 Times in 200 Posts
Thanked 15,861 Times in 6,560 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Nice essay, but it seems to be a response to a post I never made.
DB, you did say that you're in daily contact with working class people in England, and that they knew what they were doing when they voted (I disagree on that, I think many people just wanted to stick two fingers up to Cameron and the Tories in general), and you implied that these people whose utterances you read daily are correct in all they say, because they live in the UK, so they would know.

Blueangel's post makes perfect sense to me. She's just putting her contrary view across—in response to your post.

On a related subject, and nothing to do with either of you, I do find it extraordinary that people who have no connection with, and have never even lived in, the UK have such strong opinions and feel entitled to opine on Brexit. It looks a lot like the finger-sticker-uppers: Brexit is just a proxy, an opportunity to express (in a couple of cases here on EF) right-wing nationalist views.
The following 4 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: