View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 09:46
All mod cons

Groaned at 290 Times in 229 Posts
Thanked 19,483 Times in 7,677 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Um, no I didn't. In fact, I said at least twice that I disagreed with much of what they say.

My point is that rather than listening to what Polly Toynbee and people on EF say people are thinking and saying, we should listen to what the people themselves are saying - and what they are saying, in my experience, is not what Polly Toynbee and people on EF are saying they're saying.

Any clearer?
Yes, a bit clearer. You're right, you didn't imply that "all they say" is correct, just the parts that you agree with.

So what it boils down to is that we should listen to and agree with the things that are said (that we like) by the people on the forum that you visit, because they live in the UK. I'm certain that there exist forums, based in the UK, populated by UK-dwellers, that present an overwhelmingly Remain/anti-Brexit stance. Are those people wrong, then?

I could also direct you to a Flat Earthers forum, where 99% of the posts would support your conviction that Pythagoras, Aristarchus, et al. were wrong, if you were of a mind to think that way...
The following 3 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: