View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 09:52

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Yes, a bit clearer. You're right, you didn't imply that "all they say" is correct, just the parts that you agree with.

So what it boils down to is that we should listen to and agree with the things that are said (that we like) by the people on the forum that you visit, because they live in the UK. I'm certain that there exist forums, based in the UK, populated by UK-dwellers, that present an overwhelmingly Remain/anti-Brexit stance. Are those people wrong, then?
Are you being deliberately obtuse? I have plainly and clearly stated that I disagree with much of what I read posted on that forum. I have also never suggested that anyone here should agree with what people are saying there.

Again, for the hard of thinking: lots of people, both in newspapers and here on EF, have tried to explain why people voted for Brexit. Rather than listen to second-hand opinions, I have gone and read what Brexit voters are saying in their own words.

I thought, perhaps, that people might be interested in seeing what I have learnt there.

Obviously I was wrong.
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post: