View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 09:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 444 Times in 382 Posts
Thanked 18,471 Times in 9,792 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Are you being deliberately obtuse? I have plainly and clearly stated that I disagree with much of what I read posted on that forum. I have also never suggested that anyone here should agree with what people are saying there.

Again, for the hard of thinking: lots of people, both in newspapers and here on EF, have tried to explain why people voted for Brexit. Rather than listen to second-hand opinions, I have gone and read what Brexit voters are saying in their own words.

I thought, perhaps, that people might be interested in seeing what I have learnt there.

Obviously I was wrong.
I also belong to a UK based pro Brexit forum. One recent example is people will need to change their habits and learn to eat Cheddar cheese instead of French cheese. Firstly it is patriotic and secondly there is no guarantee French cheese will continue to be available at competitive prices.
Nobody painted that on a bus!
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post: