View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 10:21
All mod cons

Groaned at 290 Times in 229 Posts
Thanked 19,482 Times in 7,676 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
Are you being deliberately obtuse?
No, not deliberately! (I'm sure you'll draw your own conclusions.)

Quote:
I thought, perhaps, that people might be interested in seeing what I have learnt there.

Obviously I was wrong.
No, I'm interested, as is Sandgrounder, apparently. But I'm fully aware that the full continuum of opinions and voting reasons (based on an equally full continuum from misinformation and lies to researched facts) can be found in fora across the UK. I think it's a little disingenuous to present the opinions voiced on one cherry-picked pro-Brexit forum, where the posters overwhelmingly support your stated preference (that the UK leave the EU). Why not report on what Remainers are saying? Or how the undecided, or even the non-voters, think?

Doesn't it seem a little one-sided (and echo-chambery) to talk only about a group of people that support your basic view, even if you disagree on minor side issues?
The following 2 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: