View Single Post
Old 06.02.2019, 10:55

Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Having a mooch round on Brexit related forums I found this post by a leaver which I actually agree with. I wouldn't have voted leave on the strength of it, but it does expose a more domestic problem we have which perhaps the EU was taking the heat for...

Quote:
I agree the problem is that the EU and other issues have been the scapegoat. The main reason I voted to Leave is so that the EU couldnt be a scapegoat anymore. Yes it might become a rougher ride. But sometimes in this world we have to struggle to appreciate what we've got. At every general election we have the chance to change our system. When the government can't pass the buck to anyone else and the country is going downhill, and it begins to affect the lives of joe and joely bloggs, people are more likely to vote for a real change and are more likely to get off their butts and do something about it. The main problem I see with the British people is we put up with a lot of crap before we do anything about it. Maybe when the crap is high... it will start hitting the fan.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post: