View Single Post
Old 11.02.2019, 09:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 123 Times in 112 Posts
Thanked 15,051 Times in 6,606 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Psychiatrist practice in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
That really doesn't matter to me if it is only for the first time. I hope that I don't have to go every time to my doctor before I visit psychiatrist or need my monthly med supplies. or do I? I am really not familiar with details of health practice here. I read a lot of stuff but most of them are pretty general. I just hope psychiatrist here are not hard to give you needed meds (in justified cases like mine).
Your general doctor will refer you to the psychiatrist and write a ‘Bon de delegation’ for the health insurance ( no idea what that is in German) which proves to them that s/he actually referred you. If the GP is sensible they will make it for the whole year and not just one visit.

Bear is mind that a psychiatrist is covered by the basic insurance but a psychologist is not unless the treatment is followed in conjunction with a psychiatrist.
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post: