View Single Post
Old 11.02.2019, 21:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 30 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 8,778 Times in 3,739 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Psychiatrist practice in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Thank you very much on any information. It is all good to know. I don't know why I can't thank you automatically on your responses...
Anyway, is there anyone who came here with some diagnosis and was able to get same meds as those used before (for example in home country)?
When I moved here in 2007, I went to my new GP with a list of my medications from the US and he prescribed the Swiss equivalents, including my psych meds. Many of the standard psych meds - SSRI, benzodiazepines, probably anti psychotics are available here. Some stimulants, such as adderal are not.

If you have your docs wherever you come from write you a letter describing your diagnosis and treatment, and if you can speak about your medical history, that will help. You need to advocate for yourself, just a little.

Iíve seen a psychiatrist just a few times here, there should be no problem in seeing one.
This user would like to thank edot for this useful post: