View Single Post
Old 12.02.2019, 09:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 509 Times in 407 Posts
Thanked 22,958 Times in 9,292 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In Switzerland, climate change is highly visible

Quote:
View Post
Itīs a moot point by now, either by us or by nature Earth is getting warmer. I am in the camp of "itīs us" but I donīt think that there is anything we can do with by now almost eight billion inhabitants.
We canīt stop all emissions and as long as we have to burn stuff for our energy needs global warming will continue unabated.
I would not worry if I were you, in the end I believe that Malthus will be proven correct and that there will be a great die-off, itīs just a matter of how far into the future can we postpone it. If I were a betting man I would say that the human race will not be around as it is now in another 500 years.
But long before that we will see a sinking of the standard of life from diminishing returns and a constriction of society which will be hailed as progress.
If you look around the globe right now then I suppose you could say that the decline of society has already begun.
Yeah, us humans are consuming, on an individual level, far more of the world's resources than we need to.

Isn't that right Slammer?