View Single Post
Old 12.02.2019, 10:04
A modal singularity

Groaned at 398 Times in 255 Posts
Thanked 15,818 Times in 6,818 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: In Switzerland, climate change is highly visible

Quote:
View Post
The website you linked to seems like the Wikipedia of click-bait and BS headlines: "Majority Of Men In US & Europe Will Be Infertile By 2060 – Study", "‘Superhuman’ Robots Will Rule over Mankind in 50 Years, Expert Warns", "NASA: Intelligent Aliens Are On Earth, Hiding In Plain Sight", "500 Renowned Scientists Publicly Reject Darwin’s Theory of Evolution", "China has created an artificial sun and a fake moon", etc. They quote Breitbart, and publish this in their homepage as a triumph: "Trump Lays Groundwork To Ban Mandatory Vaccinations Across U.S.".

Nobody should take that publication seriously, mate. It's an embarrassment to humankind.
On a related note, an interesting article on the bbc about Why so many people believe conspiracy theories

Points out, amongst other things, that this is not a new phenomenon. Made me think of The Scarlet Pimpernel (pub 1905) which I was reading last night, where I came across this passage
Quote:
'It do seem more like April than September, don’t it?’ continued Mr. Hempseed, dolefully, as a shower of raindrops fell with a sizzle upon the fire.
‘Aye! that it do,’ assented the worthy host, ‘but then what can you ‘xpect, Mr. ‘Empseed, I says, with sich a government as we’ve got?’
The following 2 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post: