View Single Post
Old 12.02.2019, 19:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 345 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 11,629 Times in 4,010 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Tesla Fan Boy Thread

So last August I was having a G&T on a balmy evening and had been talking to my next door neighbour (Swiss) who had a Model 3 on order for 2 years. I flicked through the Tesla website on my phone and ordered a Model 3 for myself using my credit card for the CHF1000 deposit.

Now I imagined that I too would be waiting until 2021 for delivery and thought no more about it. Then in December I was asked to configure my car. A little surprised by the timing - and the fact that only 4WD twin motor long range models were available I invested a further CHF2000.

Early January and I find myself in Australia. I get a call from a nice American lady based in Munich asking if Im OK for March delivery. Why not I glibly answered.

So now I have watched every YouTube video on the car, ordered winter wheels and agreed a reasonable trade in for my current car. Insurance is lower than expected. Ive never bought a car on my phone before and dealt only by email and phone.

This is the brave new world of EVs kinda crazy, kinda exciting.

Model 3 dual motor, long range, red, enhanced Autopilot...

Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days
The following 5 users would like to thank AbFab for this useful post: