View Single Post
Old 13.02.2019, 18:52
Forum Legend

Groaned at 302 Times in 245 Posts
Thanked 12,544 Times in 6,554 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I do see, but I can't rejoice in the fact that our freedoms post Brexit become more limited. I am still surprised that so many people see the freedom of movement of people in a unified economic area such a threat, and that they would willingly choose to leave the relative stability of that economic and cultural union and lose their rights to participate in its decisions and democratic processes including the loss of their own freedom of movement in order to protect themselves from the threat of foreign intereference and a fluxating migrant workforce.
3500 permits per year is like all permits for the non-EU together, currently ( I wish I was wrong lol). That was my point.

Of course, I get that there are other more important issues than how many people will be allowed to work here but my post was an observation strictly related to this topic.

Edit- out of curiosity, I did check and I wasn't far from the truth

Quote:
On 29 September 2017, the Swiss Federal Council announced an increase of 500 work permit quotas for non-EU/EFTA nationals for the year 2018. The quota for EU/EFTA nationals on assignment (no Swiss employment contract) will increase by 1’000 for L permits and by 250 for B permits in 2018.

As of 1 January 2018, the quotas are therefore the following:

4'500 L permits for non-EU/EFTA nationals
3'500 B permits for non-EU/EFTA nationals
3'000 L permits for EU/EFTA nationals
500 B permits for EU/EFTA nationals
https://blogs.deloitte.ch/tax/2017/1...nationals.html

Last edited by greenmount; 13.02.2019 at 19:08.
The following 4 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: