View Single Post
Old 14.02.2019, 12:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 36 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,177 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I'm constantly astonished by your posts on Brexit and the EU in general. It's extraordinary how short the memories of some of those from Eastern and Central European countries are. Perhaps, deep down, you want to return to the good ol' pre-EU days?

Warsaw Pact Invasion, 1968
Those were the death pangs of an empire. We are probably seeing at least one other in a state of collapse.

Anyway, the things that the state security apparatuses of the Eastern Block got up to and we regard as a total assault on "freedom" : Monitoring the citizens every move, reading their mail, watching what they buy, listening to their telephone conversations, maintaining huge data troves etc. etc. we now accept as fully normal (Google, Facebook etc. etc.).

The choices may be either state imposed stability or chaos. Some people prefer stability.
The following 3 users would like to thank me.anon for this useful post: