View Single Post
Old 14.02.2019, 17:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,980 Times in 7,699 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
I don't care too much about who wrote it, it probably could have come from the majority of the active posters. Except for the morality thing I fully agree with what I quoted, only a full stomach can afford to have morals.

What I take issue with is the double standards he displays. That they're commonplace, as MC notes, doesn't make them any better. Especially when they come from people who have no problems at all with profiting from the fruits of what they bash and apparently despise.
You mean like....EU? Sorry, couldn't resist.
I get what you say, but I think it's normal to have less favourable opinions in regards with some issues, no matter which country is discussed (I personally don't care about Switzerland's role during WW2 as I don't really care about the British class system either). People discuss. They might even change their opinions at one point or another.