View Single Post
Old 17.02.2019, 09:48
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,120 Times in 872 Posts
Thanked 49,407 Times in 15,222 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Klima Streik/climate strike

Quote:
View Post
I'd be curious to see the condition of the streets after they've passed through.
Actually, I've been thinking about this. I'm fully aware of the difference between the immediate and the global environment, but wouldn't it make an immensely powerful statement if these kids could combine the two: instead of bunking off school to wave placards, why don't they gather in their thousands to clear up the streets?

Imagine the faces of the tutting Telegraph readers if 20 000 teenagers piled off buses into the centre of London armed with granny grabbers and bin bags, spent the next six hours picking up every crisp packet, drinks can and fag end, then turned to the assembled cameras and said: "Right. We're doing our bit. What about YOU?"

The moral authority alone would make it worth it, and the city would be a nicer place for a couple of days too.

Too radical?
The following 8 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post: